Friday, August 6, 2010

Flying High

Howdy! So this is the beginning of a good, long journey. I recently graduated from Florida State University with a B.A. in Theatre and three months later I find myself in Miami, FL (where I grew up) working as a receptionist in an office. This is exciting! Maybe not so much the receptionist part, but I am on my own ready to begin the guessing game or trial-and-error experience that is life! 


So what is an actor doing in an cold office all day? Paying her bills! So this is where I am. I need money, I need to stabilize my life before I go out there and "do it." I need to keep the fire burning though and this is proving to be difficult when you have bills to pay, friends to see, a body to keep in shape, and sleep to be slept. But it can and will be done. This blog and my followers are to help keep me accountable for the dreams I have said I will follow, and to share the hardships, insecurities, and excitements of being an actor, an artist, a friend, a sister, and all the other hats I wear from time to time. I hope this brings solace to other actors starting out seeing how I began as a receptionist to working full-time as an actor a.k.a. the ultimate (picture a soccer announcer) GOOOAAAAALLLLL!! 


So am I living the dream of the actor? Yes because I am continuing my journey even if right now I sit on my rump all day answering phones. Ok, so maybe I don't have all the glam or money actors who "make it" have, or the kind of fulfillment success is claimed to give, but I am still flying high knowing that my dreams are possible.


I leave you with this quote that is currently my Facebook status and yes, I found it in a book about Search Engine Optimization (that is what SEO stands for for those who didn't know...don't worry, just learned that one too):


"Everything good in life requires sacrifice, patience, and hard work."- SEO Warrior 


So let's get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment